The latest announcement from Joomla!
It has been a long nine years in the making, but In line with Joomla’s 16th birthday on August 17 2021, Joomla 4 will be released.
Joomla 4 promises to be a refreshingly modern update to the CMS following the latest industry best practices and offer more efficient solution features.
Joomla 3.10 will be codenamed Daraja the Swahili, which translates to ‘bridge’. In a recent post by Joomla, they stated.
“We aim to bridge the gap between Joomla 3.10 and Joomla 4 in the hope to bring happiness for the community”. Joomla LinkedIn post
Noteworthy features in Joomla! 4
Below are just some of the features that we can expect in Joomla 4s release.
- Accessibility: Increased accessibility of layout, contrast, infrastructure, and factoring in W3C Accessibility Guidelines for better user experiences.
- Design: Re-empowering administration, media manager and editor updates to build an intelligent user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) web pages.
- Emails: A new email templating system!
- Search: Boosts the way search is conducted.
- SEO: Built-in SEO architecture.
- Security: Increased security features to rest assured your data is protected.
- Speed: Site speed is an integral part of any website. Therefore, Joomla 4s newest release offers the speed required to keep your website audience engaged.
- Workflows: More efficient workflows.
Why Joomla! is Novata Solutions CMS of choice!
Novata Solutions chooses to lead with Joomla as it:
- Provides a model-view-controller (MVC) architecture.
- We support open-source projects.
- A very scalable and dynamic CMS.
- Is heavily supported by a global community of users and developers.
Having worked with various clients, both large and small, we have found Joomla is the ideal open-source content management system for corporate and not-for-profit businesses. In a recent conversation upon Joomla’s announcement Novata Solutions General Manager of Design & Marketing, Alex Noor quoted.
“We are excited to test out the new soft release features over the coming weeks, but of course, we cannot wait for the stable release to land so we can start using it within production sites. “ Alex Noor – Novata Solutions General Manager of Design & Marketing
- Joomla V1.0 was first launched on September 16, 2005.
- Joomla is an open-source community project delivering several CMS, which have been downloaded over 123,000,000 times since its original release.
- It can be translated into over 77+ languages.
- There are over 2.5 million Joomla CMS sites globally.
Please get in contact with our Design & Marketing team today to discuss your company’s website.