2. We Explain What a Cloud Service Solution Looks Like
- Published: 12 August 2020
Simply, a cloud service refers to the delivery of computing services by which servers, storage, databases, networking, software, analytics and intelligence are managed, stored and used over the internet or commonly referred to as “the cloud”.
Businesses from all sizes are already leveraging off the cloud in one way or another. Current uses for the Cloud include:
- Creating cloud native applications (test, build and deploy)
- Storing and recovering data
- Audio and video streaming
- Analyse data
Our Top Four Tips
- Assess your company’s current IT state by completing a Readiness Assessment.
- Select the right Cloud Service suited to your company’s needs.
- Use a pyramid structure to carefully align, prioritise and select initiatives for review.
- Address potential risks and its impact/ influence on the cloud deployment.
Five Best Practices to consider once moved to the Cloud
- Create a Cloud First Commitment – This means committing to moving all your applications and data to the cloud.
- Understand your Cloud Economics.
- Inner-Workings of Your Application Estate.
- Automation, tools and heroic efforts
- Discovery automation
- Profile tools
- Build a Minimal Viable Cloud (MVC) Hub
- Perform a Security and Governance Gap Assessment
A Cloud Service offers the flexibility and scalability to grow with your business. It allows you to work across multiple devices, in a secure fashion.
If there is one thing that we love more than coffee, it is talking to you about a Cloud Service Solution suited to your business requirements.