Aprils Digest of Algorithm Updates
- Published: 6 April 2021
Wow! We’re already four months into 2021, how time flies.
Lately we’ve discussing everything SEO, SEM and SMM, but we’re not finished just yet. There is still an array of learning and knowledge that we would like to share with you.
So, let’s get down to business.
There’s been many rumours about new algorithm updates but we’ve listed our top five considerations to consider in your marketing strategy when optimising your business this year.
- Major algorithm update factoring for Page Experiences.
- Re-evaluating Google’s current algorithms and factoring mobile-friendliness, safe-browsing, HTTPS, and intrusive links.
- Google Web Vitals focusing on a site’s loading speed, interactions and visuals.
- Lastly, ensuring that your website is optimised for page speed, CTAs and alternative text is added where necessary.
What I need to know about my websites Page Experience
This refers to all aspects in which a user interacts with your website and what positive and/or negative experiences are had within the site or particular web page.
Core website vitals include:
- Page load times - Studies have found that a page that takes more than 10 seconds to load, will create a negative experience for the user.
- Consider how you can avoid long, nasty load times, for example, optimising images so that they are more website, user friendly.
- Interactions – This refers to the initial action a user has on a particular page. Be clear, be concise and make sure your CTA is eye catching.
- Visual stability – Make sure content and objects are static and not causing a visual disruption.
At Novata Solutions we are here and ready to talk about your business’ SEO Strategy.