Best Practices of a SharePoint Intranet
- Published: 10 June 2020
Fact: SharePoint originally launched in 2001 and since then has been used by millions of businesses across Australia and globally.
SharePoint’s primary focus allows businesses to communicate, collaborate, manage, and store business information in a central location, online.
5 Best Practices
- Ensure a clean design is kept so that you alleviate and do not overwhelm your end users with extensive amounts of content.
- Build a global navigation to ensure that your sub sites inherit root navigation permissions and levels.
- Include content that is relevant and up to date. Be clear when communicating with your end user by adding the following channels of communication.
- A calendar.
- Social Media and/or RSS feeds.
- Designate content page managers to provide and update content.
- Ensure proper security is identified and set up for peace of mind.
Benefits of a SharePoint Solution
- Enhance Security – SharePoint offers peace of mind when it comes to securing your business’ sensitive data.
- Effortless Collaboration – Suggests a rich, seamless platform where employers and employees can communicate and collaborate effectively from wherever they may be working.
- Simplified Information Exchange – Offering version control to enable employees’ easy access to collaborate without the hassle of losing or misplacing document versions.
- Cost Saving - Eliminating the added hidden costs of infrastructure storage.
- Increase Productivity – Enabling individuals to work from anywhere, device and time, employers and employees can increase overall project productivity.
Ensuring that your business keeps a clean, user-friendly, and optimised SharePoint site allows for increased productivity and better efficiency within your SharePoint Environment.
As a leading SharePoint Solutions provider, we work with you to understand the unique aspects of your business processes to deliver solutions to your business requirements.
If there is one thing that we love more than coffee, it is talking to you about a SharePoint Solution Strategy suited to your business.