Building an SEO Plan
Fact: 97% of people learn more about a local company via the internet. (Reference: https://www.sitecentre.com.au/seo/statistics)
Search Engine Optimisation commonly referred to as SEO is the process of organically ranking in Google and other search engines.
When optimising your business for Google and other search engines, planning is KEY!
Here’s what to consider when planning your SEO.
- Research! The key to any successful project is research. Why, because without knowing what you’re trying to optimise, who your target audience and competitors are or what’s already out there you’re already four steps behind.
- Let’s revert to pen and paper for a moment. In the centre of the page write your focus topic. Secondly, create some branches with additional information such as keywords you want to focus on and a target audience.
- Investigate who your target audience is and how best to engage with them.
- Analyse current news and trends within the industry and what have shown to be successful topics.
- Set Goals – Think SMART when creating goals to achieve your ideal Google ranking. SMART refers to
- Specific – Increase my websites search engine page ranking (SERP) by 20% in the next three months.
- Measurable - Three months to see a 20% increase in search engine visibility
- Achievable – How is the goal achievable? Do you have the right sources?
- Relevant – Increasing my website’s visibility will help increase click through rate and audience recognition of my business.
- Timely – Three months is a great starting point to see results, review and analyse where and what to continuing optimising and/ or change.
- Assess your strengths! Content building plays a major influence on your search rankings through its authority and overall credibility. If you aren’t too familiar with the topic being researched, then seek help from a colleague. This will help you gain a better insight and understanding on what you’re presenting to your target audience.
If there is one thing that we love more than coffee at Novata Solutions, it is talking to you about an SEO Strategy suited to your business.
Let’s combine the two!