How can a SharePoint CDMS increase business productivity?
- Published: 3 June 2020
Controlled Document Management commonly referred to as CDMs is the process of managing the creation of, storing, reviewing, and archiving critical business documents.
A CDMS is architecture to include three libraries, each having various levels of support and access to employees. The three levels include:
- Authoring – Is used to manage the creation, updating, approval and archiving of documents. Authored Libraries are locked down by permissions, and is not accessible to all users.
- Publishing – This library is where documents are copied to, either in its original format or converted to as a PDF and become accessible to customised searches.
- Archiving – Documents are resided here with restricted access when the information becomes no longer relevant or updated.
What is so good about a CDMS?
- It increases productivity within your team, meaning documents can be found quickly and easily.
- Reduce risks through compliance for publishing, approval, reviews, version controls and other document activities.
- Easily manage and secure business documents with user permissions and hierarchical level access.
8 Advantages of a SharePoint CDMS
- Allows for document sharing.
- Optimised security.
- Enabled co-authoring functionalities.
- Once logged in easily access documents from any device, time, and location.
- Provides an option to view version history.
- Create workflows.
- Search by meta data.
- Use search to quickly find and edit information.
Why Choose Novata Solutions to implement and manage my CDMS?
We are a Microsoft Gold Partner, with a highly skilled team of developers who are able to guide you through all phases of your CDMS life cycle.
As a leading SharePoint Solutions provider, we work with you to understand the unique aspects of your business processes to deliver solutions that are tailored to your business requirements.
If there is one thing that we love more than coffee, it is talking to you about a SharePoint Solutions Strategy that is suited to your business.