How to build up your E-A-T-able Content
E-A-T stands for Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness.
The acronym came into play when Google’s Search Quality Rater Guidelines and algorithm took effect. This was to provide and assess the quality of content that appears in Google’s search results.
E-A-T-able content does not necessarily have to be long form however, must include accuracy and authority when conveying your points of discussion. This is particularly relevant when you refer to Your Money, Your Life (YMYL) content/sites as what is conveyed here may significantly affect your audience on a personal level including their physical, emotional and/ or financial status.
How it works
E-A-T affects all search queries, although some more than others. However, it’s best to be safe and completely understand the effects of E-A-T-able content, to adhere with and successfully reach your target audience.
The Hamburger Strategy
Like any good, juicy hamburger, it is made up of a soft bun and filled from bottom to top with a thick meat patty, cheese, tomato and lettuce.
- Top bun: Your initial sentence should hook your readers in with a direct answer and/ or rhetoric prompt towards a question that you have posed.
- Filling: Now you that you have hooked your readers in, you will have to explain and provide supporting evidence on your initial sentence. Use the next 2-4 sentences to really delve into what you’re discussing and provide proof.
- Bottom bun: To conclude, refer back to your sentence (top bun) and reiterate the point you were originally trying to convey.
6 Hungry Tips
- Build more links and mentions of your content.
- Keep content up-to-date.
- Check facts.
- Increase your reviews.
- Ask for expertise advice on specific content topics.
- If possible, highlight credentials.
At Novata Solutions we are here and ready to talk about your business’ SEO Strategy.