How to keep a clean SharePoint Environment in 2020
Microsoft Office 365s integration with SharePoint provides a truly powerful and intuitive platform for employers and employees to communicate and collaborate.
- User Management – This refers to new users being added, old users not being removed, and permissions not regularly checked or updated.
- Orphaned Sites – Where sites are created but not used regulary and later abandoned.
- Growing Content – Referring to lists and libraries growing larger without the consideration of storage or archiving.
- Document Management – Refers to sites, lists and content that become isolated and are stored in an Ad Hoc manner. Therefore, users struggle to find documents in a timely fashion.
Do the above pitfalls sound familiar within your business?
We've listed our top four tips in creating and keeping a clean SharePoint Environment this year.
- Plan! – A great, clean SharePoint Environment starts with a quality Information Architecture. This can entail simple planning i.e. planning sites and pages, to being more specific and listing SharePoint content types and precise meta data.
- Governance – Ensure that you create a good governance plan by including
- Roles and responsibilities
- Categories and types of content
- Ongoing Training
- IT and application management policies
- User Training – The key to a successful SharePoint is by providing adequate training to employers and employees.
- Security Management and Auditing - Regular security audits should be carried out, to ensure that each employee has the right levels and types of access.
As a leading SharePoint Solutions provider, we work with you to understand the unique aspects of your business processes to deliver solutions that are tailored to your business requirements.
If there is one thing that we love more than coffee, it is talking to you about a SharePoint Solutions Strategy that can benefit your business. Let’s combine the two.