OutSystems Chat Bot
- Published: 22 April 2020
Studies suggest that by 2022 chat bots will have helped saved more than eight billion dollars per year. (Source: https://www.outsystems.com/blog/posts/chatbots-for-customer-service/)
What is a chat bot and why should my business invest in one?
A chatbot acts as the first line of communication providing tailored, rapid answers and support to both internal and external employees. The chat bot is programmed to have determined answers to your target audiences’ questions.
An OutSystems Low-Code platform enables rapid delivery of business applications through reusable extensions, plus drag and drop visual functionalities.
OutSystems Chat Bot allows your users to interact with your services via a chat interface.
5 Questions to consider when building a chat bot
- What is the name of your chat bot? Just like Apples Siri, Dominos Dom and many others, what will you call your business chat bot?
- What business problem are you trying to solve? Chatbots have a range of functions including but not limited to; answering customer support questions, scheduling meetings, research and more.What is your business’ end goal? Are you looking for a chat bot to answer customer questions? or help direct internal employees to the right department information?
- Who is your target audience? Knowing your target audience is integral to building a great chatbot. Consider both your users demographic and psychographics for example, are they women aged between 24 – 34, who are also new, stay at home mums that are time poor.
- Which type of conversational interface will you use? Following on from the above point, new mums can be time poor and therefore quite often use voice search to assist in their enquiries.
- How will you create a conversation flow between the chat bot and user? Research is key to understanding your audience and how they communicate. Consider what your target audience are more likely to use for example a casual, short, simple conversational tone when communicating or more businesslike conversation.
- Consistency in look and feel for both mobile and web applications
- Rapid speed in building and deploying a chatbot
- Reliability and robustness
- Enabled connection to Azure Bot services
- Quick customisation for bot response logic
At Novata Solutions we have the most certified OutSystems engineers in Perth who understand the unique aspects of your business processes and deliver solutions that are tailored to your requirements.
If there is one thing that we love more than coffee, it is talking to you about an OutSystems application suited to your business needs.
Let’s combine the two!