Recap on SharePoint Q&As and the Benefits
A SharePoint Solution provides peace of mind, seamless communication and collaboration for businesses both large and small.
Earlier in the year, we completed a Q&A series discussing SharePoint Solutions and all the burning questions that you had.
SharePoint is a platform for businesses to easily communicate, collaborate, manage, and store business information in a central location, online.
SharePoint Q&A Top Five
- Who can approve access requests? As a site owner you can access the site sharing options located in site permissions to approve and/or deny access requests from users. If you are unsure of what access you have and/ or require contact your manager.
- What is a Document Library? SharePoint’s Document Library refers to a secure, online environment where individuals can store files and easily access them at a later date from any device, location and time. A SharePoint Document Library has many functions including the ability to edit, delete, link and control who has access within the document library.
- Where was SharePoint first used? SharePoint first appeared in 2001 during the Office XP development cycle, however it was called “Office Server” and “Tahoe” however, it is now known as SharePoint.
- How does SharePoint versioning work? When enabled SharePoint versioning can store, track, and restore information. Versioning works to protect and provide insights of older content as well as new content.
- Why Should I invest in a SharePoint Intranet? There are several reasons to invest in a SharePoint Solution for your business.
- Streamlined document management system
- Integrate with Office 365 and other Microsoft Tools for example Yammer feeds, lists of teams’ spaces and OneDrive documentation
- It’s flexible, scalable and customisable
- Easily collaborate and communicate
- Have your intranet in your pocket, using it on any device, time and location!
- Communicate and engage with your colleagues, collaborate and share company insights.
- Simplify activities and business processes with workflows
- Increase Security
As a leading SharePoint Solutions provider, we work with you to understand the unique aspects of your business processes to deliver solutions that are tailored to your business requirements.
If there is one thing that we love more than coffee, it is talking to you about a SharePoint Solutions Strategy that is suited to your business requirements.
Let’s combine the two!