Search Engine Optimisation in 2020
- Published: 14 February 2020
New Year. New SEO Strategy!
Fact: 75% of users don’t scroll past the first page of their search enquiry. (*Statistic from: https://99firms.com/blog/seo-statistics/#gref)
So, what are you doing to ensure you’re ranking on page one and making your website seen by the right audience?
It’s no secret that Google either releases or updates their algorithms monthly. So, how are you leveraging these new releases to keep your website on the first page?
Let’s talk about what you should be looking out for in 2020.
- Introducing Googles newest algorithm BERT!
BERT stands for Bidirectional Encoder Representations from Transformers. In layman’s term this means Google assess user access points to search enquiries and aligns it to relevant content.
But, how can you optimise for BERT?
Simply continue answering your audience’s questions, ensuring to keep your content authorable and trustworthy.
- E-A-T (Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness) – Focus on your audiences’ appetite for quality, trustworthy content answers and solutions.
- Understand your audience and their thought process.
- Provide authorable, quality and informative solutions and answers.
- Structured Data – Search Engine algorithms still require “hints” to better understand the content that we publish in order to deliver the right results to the correct audiences.
Did you know that 57% of SEO Experts suggest content creation as the most effective tactic in 2019. (Source: https://99firms.com/blog/seo-statistics/#gref )
As Google and other search engines continue to update and release new algorithms, SEO experts are full steam ahead in researching and creating schedules to best optimise their website.
If there is one thing that we love more than coffee at Novata Solutions, it is talking to you about an SEO Strategy suited to your business.
Let’s combine the two!