Search Engine Optimisation Q&A
It’s integral to any business wanting to be seen online, but many businesses are unsure of where to start, when it comes to implementing an SEO Strategy suited to their business needs and requirements.
Where to start…
Search Engine Optimisation more commonly referred to as SEO is the process of ranking organically on Google and other search engines. This is achieved through various activities, with three key activities including a Keyword Strategy, Content Strategy and Link Building Strategy.
SEO is not a one time activity, it takes a clear strategy and several weeks to gain visibility and continuous revision and implementation to maintain visibility. Therefore, Digital Marketers are continuously on their toes looking for new trends and innovative, dynamic solutions to keep their businesses seen.
Top 5 Q&A’s
- What does SEO stand for? SEO is short for Search Engine Optimisation which is the process of ranking organically online.
- Where should I start my SEO Strategy? An SEO Strategy starts with the core values of your business. Consider the following questions;
- What does my business offer?
- What is my unique selling point?
- What keywords/ phrases do I want my business to be recognised for?
- Who is my target audience?
Once these questions have been defined, conduct some research on similar companies and competitors who might influence your ranking.
- What is Keyword Research and how do I conduct it? Keyword research is the process of selecting and eliminating keywords/ phrases that are relevant to your company. This can be achieved through Google research, generators and A/B Testing.
- What Google Algorithms should I keep in mind when optimising for SEO? One of the key Google Algorithms to consider is PageRank (PR). This algorithm is used to measure the quality and importance of website pages.
- How long does SEO take and how long should I invest in SEO activities for? SEO is a continuous process with an estimate result time of 6 – 8 weeks. From here you will need to revise, continue and potentially change your SEO Strategy/ Processes.
If there is one thing that we love more than coffee at Novata Solutions, it is talking to you about an SEO Strategy suited to your business needs.
Let’s combine the two!