SEO 5 Best Practices
- Published: 18 September 2019
Where does your company sit on Google?
If you’re not on the first page of Google, then your target audience is less likely to know who you are!
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) considers a wide range of strategies and techniques to increase digital traffic to your website through organic methods of marketing.
If you want to rank first on a Google search page there are a handful of aspects that you must consider first:
- What search phrases are my target audience likely to type in a search engine?
- What demographics am I focusing on and what is going to draw them to my site rather than my competitors’?
- Is my content up-to-date, consistent, relevant, and a credible and reliable source of information?
- Am I effectively engaging with my audience through the correct social channels?
- Have I considered a link building strategy (both internal and external)?
There are several ways to optimize your website including,
- Local optimization
- Keyword research and search accessibility
- Link Building Strategies
- Social media
- User experience
- Voice searchability
- Mobile friendliness
Top Five recommended ways to optimize your website:
- Keyword Research – Today, it’s more than just having keywords relevant to your industry/ business. It’s more about search phrases that your audience is likely to type into a search engine, i.e. Japanese Whiskey Bars Perth.
- Content is King! – Although content is king, ensure that the content you are producing is unique, valuable, shareable, relevant and informative to your audience and business.
- Inbound and Outbound Links – Link building strategies allow Google to index and crawl pages, particularly inbound links which are favored when coming from prestigious, relevant and popular sources.
- Site Speed – Ensure that all content and images are optimized on your pages.
- Clean and responsive design (optimized for mobile) – Is your website visually appealing, user-friendly and accessible on a mobile device? If not, consider some strategies to lower your bounce rate and attract more traffic.
Google continually rolls out new and updated algorithms and although not all will have a major influence and impact on your SEPRs (Search Engine Page Rankings) if you’re not a step ahead then your SEPRs will fall behind.
If there is one thing that we love more than coffee at Novata Solutions, it is talking to you about an SEO strategy suited to your business. Let’s combine the two!