SEO 5 Best Practices 2021
- Published: 24 March 2021
75% of users will never scroll past the first page of a search engine!
Take a moment to re-read that fact.
If your page is not ranking on the first page of Google and ‘above the fold’ (that’s within the average first 6 organically listed businesses on Google), then we can guarantee that your business is not likely being seen!
Search Engine Optimisation more commonly referred to as SEO is the process of ranking organically on Google and other search engines such as Bing and Yahoo.
SEO is considered a continuous, long term strategy. If your business is not online, than you’re missing out.
In this blog we discuss 5 Best Practices to consider when optimising your business for Google and other search engines.
- Link Building – Use a mixture of internal (within your website) and external (linking to and from your website, like a third party source) links to build trust and authority within your business, therefore making your business more credible.
- Content – E-A-T your way through your websites existing content and create a content strategy that’s specific to your products, services and other offerings. E-A-T stands for Expertise, Authority and Trustworthy, Google along with other search engines will use algorithms to crawl and index your websites content and if they are unable to identify its credibility, determining your content as duplicated, plagiarised or spammy, then your websites listing will rank lower.
- Keywords – Every online search starts with a keyword or a phrase. Whether this be a short, long tail or location specific keyword, if you’re not using the correct words for users to find your business, your business won’t be gaining the potential traffic is could. The best way to understand what your users are looking for is through your own Google searches or referring to tools such as Keyword Trends.
- Website Useability – How user friendly is your website? Is your bounce rate quite high? What could you be doing to increase your websites user experience? These are just some of the questions you should be asking yourself regulary about your website.
- Local Searches – Type in “best Italian restaurants near me”, and I can guarantee 9/10 times the top three searches will be restaurants listed on Google maps. But to be listed on Google Maps, you must have a Google My Business account.
Think of Google My Business as your business’ autobiography!
With 47% of consumers viewing up to 3-5 pieces of your websites content, are you putting the above 5 points into practice and regulary reviewing your marketing strategy?!
At Novata Solutions we are here and ready to talk about your business’ SEO Strategy!