SEO Blog ROOTS #2: On Page, Off Page and everything in between
- Published: 16 August 2021
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) refers to the process of being found organically, online.
But, how is this achieved?
We like to refer to the Tree Analogy when discussing your SEO solution and the processes involved in being found online. Strong tree roots results in a lush tree and in turn allows the tree to reach new heights.
There is no one way fits all method when it comes to SEO and ensuring your business is found online. SEO is also not a quick fix.
A strong SEO strategy will ensure your business is found online, at the right time, and for the right target audience, for the long run.
On Page SEO refers to any action that is taken on your website for example keywords, written content, images along with other page content.
- On Page Activities
- Identifying keywords – Keywords and search phrases are an integral part to your SEO strategy. It’s also integral that they are used in the right context and at the right points on a page.
- Content Curation – This refers to the written text on your website and ensuring that the above keywords and search phrases are optimised at the correct points in time.
- Internal link building strategy – Here, we are referring to linking particular words with additional pages within your website, this therefore shows the correlation between the two.
- Optimise URLs – Your websites URLs must be SEO friendly and should follow a similar structure to, https://novatasolutions.com.au/what-we-do/design-marketing/seo. Here the hyphens are used as word separators, this lets search engines know that design and marketing are two separate words.
- Optimise for mobile friendliness, develop a responsive design across all devices – If your website does not have a responsive design or is not mobile compatible your User Bounce Rate will increase, therefore indicating to Google and other search engines that some part of your website is not user friendly and/ or providing the right content to your target audience.
- Optimise image URLS and add structured data – By adding alternative text (alt text) to your images and structured data to your written content, this provides a better chance for search engines such as Google to crawl and index your site for the right searches.
On the other hand Off Page SEO works in conjunction with your On page activities however, refers to activities such as building trustworthy links and being found in local directories. Some off page activities include but are not limited too;
- Link building
- Guest posting
- Social networking
- Brand mentions and comments
At Novata Solutions we are here and ready to talk about your business’s SEO Strategy.