SEO Guide March 2020
It’s a fact that search engine algorithms are continuously changing.
So, what are you doing to stay above the fold on search engines such as Google?
We’ve done our research and have listed top tips to staying above the fold on Google and other search engines.
Our Top Tips
- A major influence on search algorithms is the quality of content being published and how authorable it is. Focus on the acronym E-A-T Expertise, Authority and Trustworthiness. Search Engines are hungry and thrive on the E-A-T method so, be sure to provide your audience with content that is credible.
- Voice Search is becoming more relevant and widely used across all demographics now than ever. Statistics state 51% of teens and 41% of adults perform at least one voice search every day (Source: https://www.blog.google/products/search/omg-mobile-voice-survey-reveals-teens/). Optimise for Voice Searches by generating questions and answers in your content. For example, Q: What are the benefits of a SharePoint Solution for my business? A: SharePoint offers employees the oppotunity to communicate and collaborate on documents on any device, time and location.
- Did you know that the Google Lens has already been used over 1 billion times (Source: https://www.blog.google/products/search/helpful-new-visual-features-search-lens-io/). Today, it’s all about the visual aspects. Therefore, remember to include relevant images and videos when publishing content on your website being sure to optimise it for search engines to crawl and index.
- Featured Snippets are the selected search results that are featured on the top of Google’s organic search results. Featured Snippets are directed at answering users’ questions. Is your website answering your audiences questions?
- Increase your Click-Through-Rate (CTR) with a great call to action (CTA) focusing on a specific business goal for example, if you’re looking to increase and receive more calls to your business the CTA might read, ‘Our friendly and highly qualified staff are here to answer all your questions. Contact us today on (08) 6168 9298.’ Remeber to include a large telephone icon that generates a direct call to your business when clicked.
- Link Building – Like the perfectly timed roasted coffee beans in your morning coffee. Link Authority gets better with age. Search Engine Optimisation won’t happen overnight.It’s built on consistent, authorable links both internal and external to your website content, that's grown over time.
What makes your company stand out amongst the rest in a Google search?
If there is one thing that we love more than coffee at Novata Solutions, it is talking to you about an SEO Strategy suited to your business.
Let’s combine the two!