SEO, SEM & SMM What you need to know
Did you know that 70-80% of people ignore paid search advertising!
That’s not to say you shouldn’t or can’t use it, but more so, think about what your business marketing strategy is and what you want to achieve.
Let’s delve a little more into SEO, SEM and SMM.
- Search Engine Optimisation refers to SEO and is an organic form of marketing.
SEO is a carefully researched and curated long term marketing strategy, focusing on keywords, content creation and link building activities along with other activities to optimise a business presence. Google along with other search engines continuously update and release new algorithms. So, to rank on page one of Google or any other search engines for that matter a business’ marketing strategy needs to be carefully researched, curated and continually analysed.
- Search Engine Marketing refers to SEM and is a paid form of advertising.
SEM is a form of short term marketing and is great for creating short term campaigns on various topics, products or services that your business would like to highlight. Paid advertising are positioned right in front of your audience when it matters the most.
We have defined three abbreviations that are integral when investing in your SEM strategy.
- Pay Per Click (PPC) – This refers to Ads which are charged and result in a direct click through to the website.
- Cost Per Click (CPC) - Refers to paying for each click you receive on an Ad.
- Cost Per-Thousand Impressions (CPM) - A Paid marketing term which refers to the price of e.g., 1,000 advertisement impressions on one web page.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM) - commonly referred to as SMM focuses on optimising various forms of social media.
We live in a society that consistently consumes social media. It may be the newest amongst three but it could be one of the greatest impacts to a business’ marketing strategy. Things to consider when investing in a Social Media Marketing strategy.
- Do you know which social platforms your target audience are on?
- What content and when are the best times to post?
At Novata Solutions we are here and ready to talk about your business’ SEO Strategy.