SEO - What you need to know in 2020
Happy New Year!
How did you manage your SEO over the Christmas and New Year break?
Search engine algorithms never sleep!
So, here’s six facts to consider when optimising your websites SEO this New Year.
Top 6 Trends for 2020
- Meta Data and Analytics
- Snippets: Even if your website isn’t ranking above the fold on Google, Featured Snippets are becoming increasingly popular with click-through-rates answering users’ specific questions.
- Click-Through-Rate: Search Engines will be placing greater value on dwell times (the amount of time an individual spends on a website) therefore, influencing your websites overall bounce rate and website positioning.
- High Quality Content: Essential to ranking your business on page one of Google is the quality and credibility of your content. Audiences are after educational content that is at the same time easy to digest. For example; blog posts, videos, infographics and/or podcasts.
4. Videos: Did you know that 6 out of 10 people would rather watch online video platforms than live TV. (Source: https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/consumer-insights/video-trends-where-audience-watching/) As video content is increasingly growing how can you ensure that it’s optimised for search engines? Tip: make sure that your video headline and description use appropriate keywords and search phrases to target your intended audience.
5. Increasing Mobile UX: There is a significantly increasing number of users who use their mobiles to perform searches.
6.Alternate Search Engines: Google maybe the most recognised search engine. However, smaller search engines such as Yahoo, Bing and Amazon require you to slightly alter the way you optimise content based on searching standards.
If there is one thing that we love more than coffee at Novata Solutions, it is talking to you about an SEO Strategy suited to your business.
Let’s combine the two!