SharePoint Document Management Part 2
How many times have you created a document, given it a logical name and placed it in a relevant folder… fast forward a month and somehow “Client Y_SharePoint Migration.dox” is no longer where you originally thought it had been placed.
We’ve all been there!
So, how can we reduce the number of lost documents and/or folders and maximise file management within all companies – small and large.
Integrated by Office 365 (SharePoint’s online environment) allows businesses to collaboratively work in teams, solve problems and implement document management strategies for improved searchability and efficiency.
SharePoint’s Document Management System (DMS) refers to the processes put in place to minimise the risk of losing and over-editing important files and folders.
SharePoint DMS Features
- Multiple Users
- User Permissions
- Document Versioning – Enables you to track major and/ or minor changes to your documents and restore previous versions when required.
- Indexed Columns – Improves overall performance by enabling collaborators to quickly identify and locate documents by category type
- Document library naming and file naming conventions – Logical file-naming methods and user-friendly URLs ensure continual system availability and functionality with improved usability.
- Check-out features – Allowing co-authoring features whilst minimising and preventing document alteration.
- Document library permissions – Control who has access to document content.
It’s nearing the end of the year and therefore it is the best time to initiate a document management strategy!
This will allow your business to increase productivity – easily managing and finding important documents will give your company the best foot forward in the New Year.
As a leading SharePoint Solutions provider in Perth, we work with you to understand the unique aspects of your business processes to deliver solutions that are tailored to your requirements.
If there is one thing that we love more than coffee, it’s talking to you about a SharePoint Solutions Strategy suited to your business. Let’s combine the two!