SharePoint Environment Unique Permissions
It’s no secret.
We all have passcodes on our devices.
Because we use it as a form of authentication, privacy and security from others.
Unique permissions in SharePoint allows small and large companies to monitor who has access to sensitive information.
A unique permission refers to providing a level of access to specific files and folders therefore, limiting employees’ access and views to sensitive documentation.
Types of SharePoint Permissions
- Read: This allows employers and employees to view and download a file/ folder
- Contribute: Enables employers and employees to add additional content to an existing list/ library
- Edit: Allowing employers and employees to manage lists and edit content as required.
- Full Control: Employers and employees have full access and rights to create, edit, download content as required.
Setting SharePoint Permissions
Setting SharePoint permissions can be completed in five simple steps,
- Access the file/ folder that you would like to set unique permissions
- Navigate across to and select the three dots located on the right-hand side of the file/ folder
- Scroll down to Details > Advanced
- Under the Permissions tab select Grant Permissions
- Once you have selected the permissions select Share
Setting unique permissions is considered best practice in order to safely manage and monitor who has access to sensitive information within your business.
A SharePoint Solutions strategy enables employees and employers the ability to transform their business processes and productivity.
Novata Solutions is a SharePoint Solutions provider in Perth, working to optimise client’s business productivity by creating, implementing and managing IT Solutions.
If there is one thing that we love more than coffee that is talking to you about a SharePoint Solutions Strategy suited to your business, let’s combine the two.