SharePoint Hub Sites Organising your Intranet
- Published: 1 September 2020
Are you looking to get the most value out of your SharePoint Environment and don’t know where to start?!
SharePoint is a business platform by Microsoft that boosts the efficiency and effectiveness of your organisation by enhancing communication, content management, collaboration as well as streamlining the management of and access to your businesses information and data.
A SharePoint Hub Site allows businesses to build “connective tissue” when planning and deploying team and communication sites.
Determining my Hub Sites
Consider Hub Sites as a compliment to your businesses search experience that further helps you and your colleagues discover relevant information.
When determining your Hub Sites, remember that one size DOES NOT FIT all!
So, take into account the following two questions:
- Who is your target audience and what do they need to accomplish?
- What factors influence how employees filter for information and get their work done?
How to Organise my Hub Sites
There are two main factors to consider when planning your Hub Sites, this includes Association and Navigation.
- Association: When a SharePoint Admin associates a Hub, the site automatically inherits its themes and shared navigation.
- Navigation: Consider what you would like shown in your navigation, including private and/or restricted sites or adding sites that are not associated with the hub.
Benefits of Hub Sites
- Provides shared navigation and branding
- Allows for the roll-up of content and search
- Creates a home destination for ‘the hub’
As a leading SharePoint Solutions provider, we work with you to understand the unique aspects of your business processes to deliver solutions that are tailored to your business requirements.
If there is one thing that we love more than coffee, it is talking to you about a SharePoint Solutions Strategy that is suited to your business requirements.