SharePoint Hybrid Features Explained
- Published: 17 June 2019
What is Hybrid
SharePoint Hybrid is a configuration and set of features that enables users to access content from both SharePoint Online and SharePoint on-premise environments.
A SharePoint Hybrid Deployment refers to the link between a SharePoint Server farm and Office 365.
Types of Hybrid Searches
- Federated Search – Shows results from SharePoint Online by making remote SharePoint queries.
- Cloud Hybrid Search – In contrast to a Federated Search, this form of search pushes the index of On-Premise items and documents to Office365 where it is merged with the SharePoint Online index.
SharePoint Hybrid Features
- Search – Search enables users to locate content residing in both online and on-premise environments through a single search box.
- OneDrive for Business – Content is stored automatically in Office 365 rather than on-premise, providing easier access from anywhere including OneDrive mobile App, and synching to devices.
- Integrated App Launcher – access online and on-premise applications from a single menu.
- Team Sites and Delve Integration
The Benefits of Hybrid
- Two platforms for your workloads
- Add features to your On-Premise Content
- Integrated – Access both online and on-premise applications from a single menu.
Novata Solutions is a SharePoint Solutions provider in Perth, working to optimise client’s business productivity by creating, implementing and managing IT Solutions.
If there is one thing that we love more than coffee that is talking to you about a SharePoint Solutions strategy suited to your business, let’s combine the two.