SharePoint Online Workflows
As discussed in earlier SharePoint blogs there are several aspects that assist in the overall running and functioning of a SharePoint Solution. This includes the creation and deployment of a SharePoint Online Workflow.
There are numerous ways that you can build a SharePoint workflow including, OOTB (Out of the box), SharePoint Designer and Microsoft Flow.
- OOTB - Out of The Box refers to governance defined by the relevancy of SharePoint features that in turn support a company’s vision and overall productivity.
- SharePoint Designer – This application enables a unique site authoring experience where developers and designers are able to create, customise and design efficient workflows.
- Microsoft Workflow – Described as a series of tasks that produce an outcome - assisting with managing tasks and business processes.
Consider these two simple steps before developing and deploying your SharePoint Workflow.
- The ‘TEA’ Method – Achieved by separating your content and other components into three categories including, Tasks, Emails and Actions. This will help later on when creating a visual diagram in SharePoint Designer or Microsoft Flow.
- Create a flow chart using tools such as Visio - this will provide a great visual diagram of the production sequence.
As a leading SharePoint Solutions provider, we work with you to understand the unique aspects of your business processes to deliver solutions that are tailored to your requirements.
If there’s one thing that we love more than coffee, it’s showing you how a SharePoint Solutions strategy can benefit your business. Let’s combine the two!