- Published: 2 March 2020
SharePoint launched in 2001 with a primary focus allowing businesses to communicate, store and manage documents in one central location.
We’ve done our research and selected a handful of frequently asked questions and answered them below.
- What’s new in SharePoint?
Like any application SharePoint is forever updating and enhancing features. Look out for the following features,
- Page version history
- Custom search results
- Image resizing within the image web part
- Team Sites next steps panel
- Email notifications for comments and @mentions in Word
- What is a Document Library?
SharePoint’s Document Library refers to a secure, online environment where individuals can store files and easily access them at a later date from any device, location and time. A SharePoint Document Library has many functions including the ability to edit, delete, link and control who has access within the document library.
- What is a List?
A SharePoint List refers to a collection of data that gives you and your co-workers a flexible way to organise information. The benefits of a SharePoint List includes but is not limited to,
- The ability to create multiple views and opt for multiple filters
- Allows you to set unique permissions as well as integrate flows
- PowerApps and export information to excel
- What is a Web part?
Web parts are essentially the building blocks within a SharePoint page and/ or site. SharePoint web parts range from text, images, files, video and dynamic content.
- What is a Hub Site?
A Hub Site refers to a newly created intranet building block joining related sites together to roll up news and activities, simplify search and share navigation. A major benefit of a SharePoint Hub Site brings team communication sites together, increasing overall collaboration.
- What SharePoint groups am I in?
There are multiple ways of checking what SharePoint groups you and your colleagues are in. One common way of checking is by navigating towards Site Permissions > Check Permissions. Here you will be able to see what level of permissions individual users and groups have and change if required.
- What can SharePoint DO for ME?!
SharePoint is a global industry leading secure, online document management and communication system. Top Three Benefits of a SharePoint Solution include,
- Simplify and increase everyday business tasks and activities.
- Provides a single integrated communication platform that can be accessed from any device, location and time.
- Manage and store information in one secure environment.
As a leading SharePoint Solutions provider, we work closely with you to understand the unique aspects of your business processes to deliver solutions that are tailored to your business requirements.
If there is one thing that we love more than coffee, it is talking to you about a SharePoint Solutions Strategy that can benefit your business.
Let’s combine the two.