Last month we discussed the what’s about SharePoint and what a SharePoint Solution can do for your business. This month we’re discussing the whys, particularly WHY you should invest in a SharePoint Solutions Intranet for your business.
SharePoint empowers businesses by providing a central point of communication, collaboration and document management/ storage.
Here are three WHYs to consider when investing in a SharePoint Solution for your business.
- Why SharePoint Governance is important
Governance is an important aspect when building your businesses intranet. Consider implementing these four steps when implementing a successful Governance Strategy.
- Determine initial principles and goals – Identify your company’s service delivery requirements for technical and business aspects of your SharePoint Deployment.
- Classify your business information – Organise or create a custom taxonomy that includes all the information that supports your business.
- Develop and implement an education strategy - An education strategy enables your organisation to help teach and train colleagues in using SharePoint and what it has to offer.
- Develop an ongoing plan – Governance is an ongoing strategy therefore you must remember to continually review and plan.
- Why SharePoint for document management
SharePoint for document management offers businesses the opportunity to
- Store and organise your documents
- Easily find and collaborate on documents
- Create workflows and set permissions
- Why should I invest in a SharePoint Intranet?
- Streamlined document management system
- Integrated with Office 365 and other Microsoft Tools for example Yammer feeds, lists of teams’ spaces and OneDrive documentation
- It’s flexible, scalable and customisable
- Easily collaborate and communicate
As a leading SharePoint Solutions provider, we work with you to understand the unique aspects of your business processes to deliver solutions that are tailored to your business requirements.
If there is one thing that we love more than coffee, it is talking to you about a SharePoint Solution Strategy that is suited to your business.