The lowdown on SharePoint's benefits
- Published: 28 April 2022
Here's the lowdown on SharePoint's benefits:
Multi-purpose functionality built in
- SharePoint includes capabilities for document sharing, file management, and social networking. In addition, it has virtually all of the functions needed for day-to-day business operations, including managing vendors and clients, scheduling meetings and appointments, tracking projects, producing quality deliverables with minimal oversight, and more.
- One of the greatest benefits of SharePoint is its ease of management. There are a variety of ways that an administrator can manage SharePoint sites and content. Some examples include the ability to apply security settings to either an entire site, a folder, or individual pages. Coll, back up sites and site data can also be managed easily on a dashboard that displays all important information in one area.
- You have the option of allowing users to customize the look and functionality of their sites. This means they can build custom elements in lists and libraries, change the navigation menu, control what sidebars appear on which sites, rearrange page layouts, and more. You’re in charge of which features your users can customize, so you have complete control over what your team can do.
Document management and collaboration
- File sharing is a must if you want your employees to remain informed, meet deadlines without issues, understand the shared business strategy and contribute to it better. Collaborate on documents, ideas, upcoming projects, meeting agendas, or even simple things like grocery lists. No matter how large or small the task, sharing your files is faster and easier than ever. Easily share documents and information from anywhere, even on the go with their mobile devices.
- The consolidation of internet and intranet sites into a single platform frees up resources, but maintaining individual sites is expensive. With SharePoint, you can integrate all your sites (shared work environments) into a single platform and slash down the costs of site administration.
Integration with your existing apps
- Seamless integration with the Microsoft Office environment and the rest of your business applications
- Gain full control over who is able to access your data with an intuitive interface that enables you to set permissions based on user or group. You can also define the lifespan of data you share with others, so when the time comes to delete it, the process is quick and easy.
Ease of use and design assistance
- You can build sites so people can interact, get information, and collaborate more effectively. SharePoint includes improved management capabilities and powerful search tools to find employees, customers, business partners, or even entire documents with ease.
- You can publish Office documents to the SharePoint and share it with anyone within or outside the organization. Create and edit any task from any device and convert documents in various file formats, such as Word, Excel, PDF, into tasks on the go.
Speed up and streamline business processes
- SharePoint is a secure, intuitive, scalable, collaborative, and customizable. It offers more opportunities for streamlining business activities. Other features include: streamline business operations; make better decisions; increase productivity and reduces costs in day-to-day business operation.