Wrapping up SharePoint for 2020
- Published: 16 December 2020
It’s be a busy, unprecedented year for all. Many businesses have had to quickly adapt to and implement digital working environments, migrating their communication and documentation management systems online.
This year we have discussed various aspects of a SharePoint Solution Strategy and how it can benefit your business.
We started the year off with a Q&A Series on SharePoint and all it has to offer. So, to wrap up the working year we have recapped what a SharePoint Solution is and how it can benefit your business.
- What is SharePoint? SharePoint is a business platform integrated by Microsoft Office365 that boosts the efficiency and effectiveness within your organisation by seamlessly enhancing communication and document management.
- What is a Document Library? A Document Library refers to a secure, online environment where individuals can store files and easily access them at a later date from any device, location and time.
- What is a List? A SharePoint list enables you to quickly collect and dissect data, providing multiple views, set unique permissions and ability to export the information into Excel and other Power Applications.
- The Importance of SharePoint Governance – Governance is an integral aspect to any business developing or integrating a system. There are four steps to implementing a successful Governance Strategy including;
- Determining your principle and goals
- Classify your business information
- Develop and implement an education strategy
- Develop an ongoing strategy
- SharePoint Authentication Explained - Referring to the validation of a user’s identity in order to help protect the privacy of business documents in a secure and easy fashion.
- How can I see who has access to a document/ file? Refer to the three ellipsis and navigate down to manage users, here you can see which individuals and/ or groups have access.
- Best Practices if I already have a SharePoint Environment – With SharePoint’s primary focus allowing businesses to seamlessly communicate, collaborate, manage and store business information in a central location. There are five ways to keeping your SharePoint Environment clean and tidy.
- Ensure a clean design is kept, therefore not overwhelming your end users with redundant information and forms of communication.
- Build a global navigation ensuring your sub sites inherit root navigation permissions and levels.
- Only include content that is relevant and up to date. Consider to continually revisit channels such as Announcements, Links, Calendar, and Social Media/ RSS feeds.
- Designate content page managers.
- Ensure your SharePoint Environment is security driven.
- Why should I invest in a SharePoint Solution in 2021? SharePoint is an industry leading, secure online document management and communication platform.
- Top Three Benefits
- Seamlessly collaborate and share documents with employees wherever they maybe.
- Easily store and manage documents in one location and access it later from any device.
- Provides a single integrated communication platform that can be accessed from any device, location and time.
As a leading SharePoint Solutions provider in Western Australia, we work with you to understand the unique aspects of your business processes to deliver solutions that are tailored to your business requirements.
If there is one thing that we love more than coffee at Novata Solutions, it is talking to you about a SharePoint Solution Strategy suited to your business.
Let’s combine the two!