- Published: 3 September 2018
SharePoint Migration is the process of moving your current content and existing files into a new or existing SharePoint Environment. More often than not your content and files are moved to a new version of SharePoint in order to benefit and optimise efficiency within your business in addition to using the most up-to-date features it has to offer.
Generally, businesses migrate to a newer environment due to company growth, increased needs, desires and strategy.
There are three steps to a successful migration, including;
- Planning a SharePoint migration is a crucial aspect of the overall process. This stage considers your current environment, estimating time and effort needed to complete a successful migration.
- Migrating involves executing the implemented previously planned stage. This stage offers the opportunity to recognise and reorganise content and files.
- Management is considered as the final stage, however, is a continual process and reanalysis ensuring that the employees of a company are complying with governance policies that have been put in place.
- SharePoint Migration is the process of moving an existing environment to a newer more compatible environment.
- Considered as a strategic move where businesses aim to increase productivity, collaboration and communication.
- Always remember that planning is the most crucial step in a migration
Novata Solutions team of professionals can make a SharePoint migration a lot less daunting and a positive business experience. Successful SharePoint Migrations enables businesses to optimise on productivity managing all content, files and communication in one place.
There is one thing that we love more than coffee and that is sitting down with you discussing all things SharePoint has to offer and how we can make it work for your business.